Christian Rudness Bad Behavior

 The other day, I was on Threads, and a conversation started about how Christians are often perceived as rude and behaving contrary to biblical teachings. While it's true that there are some who act inappropriately, it's unfair to generalize based on the actions of a few. Just like certain news stories that focus on one negative incident, people often blame the entire group.


Recently, I was in church and was reminded of how inconsiderate people can be. My conversation was interrupted by someone interjecting their thoughts while I was talking. This happens frequently when I have important discussions with the pastor or others in the church. People butt in with comments that are often irrelevant.


So, what does the Bible say about how Christians should act in church and in public? We are called to love each other consistently, both inside and outside the church. In church, we should be considerate of others and listen attentively. Proverbs 18:13 (ESV) says, "If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame." We should avoid interrupting conversations unless it's truly important. James 1:19 (NIV) advises, "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."


If you're in a service, don't talk with those around you as it disrupts others. If you have children in church, it's your responsibility to keep them under control, not the church's. Proverbs 22:6 (NIV) states, "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it."


It's important to control our speech. Many people struggle with this, myself included. Once I start talking, I tend to go on until I've made my point, which is not always right. Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NIV) reminds us, "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God."


As we go through life, we need to be kind to each other, inside and outside of church. Ephesians 4:32 (NIV) instructs, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." If we act wrongly in church, we're likely acting wrongly outside of church as well. We need to come to God, ask for forgiveness, and strive to understand others better.




Comments

Popular Posts